- Address: Via Morego, 30, 16163
Genova - Italy
- Email: domingo.esteban (AT) iit.it
- Skype: domingoesteban
PhD student in Bioengineering and Robotics; with an M.Sc. in Robotics and Automation, a B.Sc. in Industrial Engineering and a B.Sc. in Economics and Business.
Carrying out the doctoral research activities in the Department of Advanced Robotics at the Italian Institute of Technology (IIT). My research is focused on (deep) reinforcement learning and optimization for generation and control of whole-body skills in humanoid robots.
Research experience both in academia and industry in robot control, robot simulation and machine learning.
- Robot Reinforcement Learning: Model-free and model-based algorithms that scale to robotics problems (high-dimensional, continuous states and actions, hierarchical and multi-task problems)
- Optimal Control: Control with learned models, control with inaccurate models, Stochastic Optimal Control, Non-linear MPC
- Humanoids: Whole-body motions with various tasks, multi-contact motion
- Imitation Learning: Inverse reinforcement learning, shared human-robot representations
PhD in Bioengineering and Robotics
Curriculum: Advanced and Humanoid Robotics
- Institution: Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia – IIT Department of Advanced Robotics – ADVR
- University: Università degli studi di Genova – UniGe. Genoa - Italy
- Department: Informatics, Bioengineering, Robotics and Systems Engineering (DIBRIS)
- Period: 2015 – 2019
M.Sc. in Robotics and Automation
- University: Universidad Carlos III de Madrid – UC3M . Madrid - Spain
- Department: System Engineering and Automation
- Period: 2012 – 2014
B.Sc. in Industrial Engineering
- University: Universidad Nacional de San Agustín – UNSA. Arequipa - Peru
- Department: Industrial Engineering School
- Period: 2004 – 2009
B.Sc. in Economics and Business
- University: Universidad Católica San Pablo – UCSP. Arequipa - Peru
- Department: Business Administration Program
- Period: 2006 – 2010
IXION Industry and Aerospace (Madrid-Spain)
06/2013 – 10/2015
- Design, programming and implementation of locomotion, perception, localization, SLAM and motion planning algorithms for the autonomous robots of the company: unmanned multi-rotors vehicles (UAS), unmanned ground vehicles (UGV) and autonomous underwater vehicles (AUV) in ROS.
- Programming of navigation algorithms of autopilot system in real-time embedded systems.
- Simulation of autonomous mobile robots.
- Programming and implementation of Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) simulation systems for the navigation of autonomous robots.
- Development and wrapping of sensor drivers in real-time embedded systems.
- Design and development of robotics programs in C, C++ and Python.
- Datagram and stream sockets programming.
- Development of shell scripts for UNIX and GNU/Linux Operating Systems.
- 3D modelling of autonomous robots and indoor/outdoor environments.
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (Leganés-Spain)
RoboticsLab - Humanoids Group Collaborator
03/2013 – 07/2015
- Design, programming and implementation of whole-body trajectory generation algorithms for TEO, the full-size humanoid robot of the Humanoids group.
- Development of a MATLAB® graphical user interface (GUI) for the generation of whole-body trajectories for TEO humanoid robot.
- Simulation of a humanoid robot in Gazebo simulator.
- Design and development of ROS nodes in C++ and Python.
- Development of shell scripts for GNU/Linux Operating Systems.
Barrick Gold Corporation – Minera Barrick Misquichilca S.A. (Huaraz-Peru)
01/2011 – 12/2011
- Data analysis and use of data mining techniques to obtain information from the databases of the company.
- Employee personal data update and generation of reports in Oracle R12 System.
- Statistics, indicators and documentation update of the Human Resources Quality Management System according to ISO 9001 standard.
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. – Sociedad Minera Cerro Verde S.A. (Arequipa-Peru)
01/2010 – 06/2010
- Development of database of contractors with C++ and SQL.
- Development of applications in VBA for Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access.
- Development of statistics by area, contractors and projects.
- Analysis of occupational health and safety data information.
- Review of incident investigation reports, monitoring of incident action plans and organization of the safety committee.
- Participation in safety inspections, issuing reports and maintenance of tracking evidence.
- Robotics middlewares: ROS and YARP
- Robotics simulators: Gazebo, Webots and RobotStudio
- Machine Learning: Tensorflow, Scikit-learn, GPy, gym
- IDEs: Eclipse CDT, QtCreator, Keil, Vim and Sublime Text
- Version control systems (VCS): Git, Subversion and Mercurial
- C, C++
- Shell Scripting
- HTML, CSS
English: Full professional proficiency
Italian: Limited working proficiency
French: Elementary proficiency